The Center’s Mission Statement
The mission of the Bishop Hendricken High School Academic Support Center is to support classroom instruction by providing assistance to teacher-referred ninth and tenth grade students with a variety of strategies to facilitate their learning. These strategies include but are not limited to study skills, time management and organizational skills.
Students are referred to the Center by any of their classroom teachers or by their guidance counselor. The Support Center staff reviews the referral and if the student qualifies for participation in the center, he will attend from his study hall one to three times per our seven day rotation, depending upon the level of need.
Support Center Services
- Instruction of effective study skills utilizing content area material
- Time management skills and organizational strategies
- Test preparation and test-taking strategies within the context of current subjects
- Planning, composing and editing of essays
- Review sessions for tests
- Identification of learning style
A student’s progress is monitored daily. Overall progress in the center is evaluated quarterly to determine if the student should exit the center or continue to attend for an additional quarter.