Winter 2017-18 Practice Start Dates:
Please note that the RI Interscholastic League recently changed the start dates for winter sports. The opening day of practice and tryouts for the winter teams will begin as follows:
All levels – Tryouts held on Monday, November 27th and Tuesday, November 28th
- Freshman will tryout from 2:45 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sophomores, juniors and seniors will tryout from 5:00 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
- Tryouts are in Pepin Gym.
- Practices are held after school in Pepin Gym.
Hockey tryouts begin on Thursday, November 16th
- The varsity team and JV team practice after school at Thayer Arena.
Indoor Track & Field
Practice begins Monday, November 27th.
- No tryouts
- Indoor Track is a not cut sport so all are welcome to join the team, if interested.
Swimming begins on Monday, November 27th.
- The swim team will practice after school at McDermott Pool.
- Transportation to from Hendricken to McDermott Pool is available. Students would take Bishop Hendricken Bus H1.
Wrestling begins on Monday, November 27th.
- The Hawks practice in McNally Gym and hold matches in Pepin Gym.
Students and parents should contact the Athletics Office at 401-736-5988 with questions.
Get Your Physicals In!
Attention: Parents of Athletes Who Plan to Play a Winter Sport
Hockey practice will begin this year on Thursday, November 16 and all other winter sports begin on Monday, November 27.
All students must have a physical on file with us prior to the first tryout date. If you were on a spring sport and returned a physical report to us which is less than 13 months old, you do not need to return another report. Otherwise all students trying out must have a report to us by the first tryout date. Completed forms must be returned to the Athletic Office by mail or to the head coach on the first day of practice or tryouts. A physical form is available on the link below.
University Orthopedics is offering free Fall Sports Pre-Participation Exams on July 30 from 8 am-12 noon. Please Click here for more information if you are interested.
To download a copy of the State Physical Form, please click here.
(Note: Entering freshmen do not need to complete a separate athletic physical form since a physical exam is required to enroll.)