DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT/DATABASE COORDINATOR (Part-Time)
The Development Assistant/Database Coordinator is a part-time position that reports for 20 hours per week. This position reports to the Senior Director of Advancement & Development. Duties include preparing solicitation mailings, acknowledging gifts, maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the database, collecting and analyzing data, and assisting in the operations of the Annual Fund and key events. Provides administrative support to the Advancement team.
- Generating timely, error-free gift related correspondence including receipts and acknowledgements for the President and the Senior Director of Advancement and Development
- Generating appeals, bulk mailings, LYBNT/SYBNT and pledge reminder mailings
- Providing operational project support for significant fundraising and alumni events including the FUND Kickoff, Grandparents Day, Open Alumni Night, Homecoming, For the Boys, the Alumni Golf Outing and others
- Maintaining a stock of printed materials necessary for the function of the Advancement office
- Aid in maintaining the online giving webpages.
- Assisting in phone-a-thon scheduling, planning and preparing materials for volunteer and staff solicitors/callers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains the accuracy and integrity of databases by ensuring that all constituent contact information is kept current and up to date.
- Provides reports to Senior Director of Advancement and Development on weekly gift reports, progress towards fundraising goals, individual metrics and budget, year to year comparisons, and other reports as required.
- Serve as point person for use of Sustain and its tools
- Maintains calendars of grant progress, due dates and reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in customer service or data entry and management; experience working or volunteering for a nonprofit development office is preferred.
- Experience with Sustain, Raisers Edge, or Blackbaud is ideal but experience with any CRM database system is required. Advanced MS Word and Excel experience is essential, as is the ability to maintain productivity while handling unanticipated customer service tasks.
- The successful candidate will be highly organized with strong attention to detail, be able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and to prioritize and complete tasks independently. S/he will have excellent judgement and an ability to maintain confidentiality regarding constituent information.
- Occasional weekend and evening work required.
Please send resume to Ms. Regina Tracy, Senior Director of Advancement & Development, at email@example.com by Wednesday, September 30, 2020.