Development Assistant/Database Coordinator (Full-time)
The Development Assistant/Database Coordinator reports to the Senior Director of Advancement & Development. Duties include preparing solicitation mailings, acknowledging gifts, maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the database and giving platforms, collecting and analyzing data, and assisting in the operations of the Annual Fund and key events. Creating and implementing pilot program with young alumni and their class agents to better engage alumni and solicit their contact information. Provides support to the Advancement team.
• Entering donations received by check and gift pledges into Sustain.
• Design and implement monthly schedule for pledge billings and LYBNT/SYBNT letters.
• Generating timely, error-free gift related correspondence including receipts and acknowledgements for the President and the Senior Director of Advancement and Development.
• Provides reports to Senior Director of Advancement & Development on weekly gifts, progress toward fundraising goals, individual metrics and budget, year-to-year comparisons, and other reports as required.
• Manages and serves as point person for social fundraising and engagement platforms (GiveSmart and GiveCampus), including posting videos, data entry, and CRM.
• Responsible for logistics necessary to generate appeals, bulk mailings, and invitations, including but not limited to, ensuring adequate supply of materials, identifying student support to assist with mailings, and organizing mailings.
• Maintaining a stock of printed materials necessary for the function of the Advancement office (brochures, letterhead, etc).
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Advancement & Development.
• Maintains the accuracy and integrity of databases by ensuring that all constituent contact information is kept current and up to date. Ensuring addition of graduated seniors and incoming parents.
• Serve as point person for use of Sustain and its tools.
• Maintains calendars of grant progress, due dates, and reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Responsibility, in partnership with the Director of Institutional Advancement, for identifying and scheduling Phonathon volunteers/callers, preparation of scripts and materials, and follow-up mailings.
• Providing operation project support for significant fundraising and alumni events, including but not limited to: Phonatons, Grandparents’ Day, Open Alumni Night, Homecoming, For the Boys/Epoch, regional alumni events, the Alumni Golf Outing, and others.
• Manage alumni gifts and “swag closet.”
• In partnership with the Director of Institutional Advancement, manage reunion process for classes ensuring registration materials are put online, pulling class lists, sending invitations, and monitoring RSVPs.
• Managing process (in partnership with the President’s Office) to secure addresses for Grandparents’ Day invitations and appeal.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in customer service or data entry and management; experience working or volunteering for a nonprofit development office is preferred.
• Experience with Sustain, Raisers Edge, or Blackbaud is ideal, but experience with any CRM database system is required. Advanced MS Word and Excel experience is essential, as is the ability to maintain productivity while handling unanticipated customer service tasks.
• The successful candidate will be highly organized with strong attention to detail, be able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and to prioritize and complete tasks independently. S/he will have excellent judgement and an ability to maintain confidentiality regarding constituent information.
• Occasional weekend and evening work required.
Please send resume and cover letter to Regina Tracy, Senior Director of Advancement & Development at click to email.