In ministry begun by Jesus Christ and inspired by the vision of Blessed Edmund Rice, a Christian Brother education…
Evangelize Youth within the Mission of the Church.
• proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ in word and deed
• permeate the entire curriculum, activities, and all aspects of the educational process with the Gospel message of Jesus Christ
• encourage young people to a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ
• provide opportunities for liturgies, retreats, vocation awareness workshops and daily prayer
Proclaim and Witness to Catholic Identity.
• give priority to religious instruction with opportunities for faith development and theological understanding
• participate in the sacramental life of the Church and model a living faith through the use of rituals and symbols
• foster devotion to Mary and the communion of saints
• ensure that Catholic identity permeates all endeavors: all classes and activities, procedures and policies, services and programs
Stand in Solidarity with those Marginalized by Poverty and Injustice.
• promote policies and structures that reflect a climate of compassion for the poor and disadvantaged
• include education and advocacy for peace, justice, global awareness, and care for the Earth
• prepare students to work toward the creation of a just society
• encourage ministry experiences that work with and serve the poor and marginalized
• support mission areas at home and abroad
• establish tuition and scholarship policies that open educational opportunities to the poor and disadvantaged
Foster and Invigorate a Community of Faith.
• provide a disciplined, safe atmosphere in which students are free to grow and take responsibility for their own learning and for the life of the community
• sustain compassionate, respectful relationships among all stakeholders
• be in union with the Church through commitment to service and formation of community
• encourage faculty and staff to give daily witness to their integral role in communal faith formation
• embrace the human condition and welcome God’s healing
Celebrates the Value and Dignity of each Person and Nurture the Development of the Whole Person.
• promote respect for each individual as created in the image and likeness of God
• value the diversity of the human family and seek to reflect diversity among the students, faculty and staff
• promote strong programs for personal, professional, and pastoral care
• offer co-curricular activities and programs that are important to a student’s holistic education
• strive to provide just remuneration for faculty and staff
Collaborate and Share Responsibility for the Mission.
• empower all members of the community to share in the mission
• work with parents who are the primary educators
• collaborate with Edmund Rice Christian Brother ministries on local, regional, and international levels
• foster a deeper understanding of the vision of Blessed Edmund
• promote active participation in governance by boards and diocesan officials
Pursue Excellence in all Endeavors.
• promote a strong academic curriculum and cultivate a desire for excellence
• develop an educational culture that fosters the growth of the whole person, higher-order thinking, and life-long learning