The Instrumental Music program includes exceptional performance offerings for young musicians, along with academic courses in theory, history, and technology for both musicians and non-musicians. Young instrumentalists perform, compete, and enjoy playing music within the variety of outstanding ensembles offered throughout the year.
Instrumental Music Highlights
- Instrumental Music ensembles regularly perform and compete throughout the country in events such as the RI State Band Festival, New England Scholastic Band Association events, the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in New York City, Meyerhoff Hall in Baltimore, and Walt Disney World.
- Over the last several years, our various ensembles have earned “Superior” ratings and 1st Place rankings at several competitions throughout New England.
Instrumental Music Offerings
- Basketball & Football Pep Band
- Concert Band
- Jazz Band
- Percussion Ensemble
- String Orchestra
The Vocal program at Bishop Hendricken provides students with exceptional opportunities to develop talent and ability. Our young men have opportunities to participate in two vocal music opportunities: the Arts Academy Chorus class, an honors-level course offered over the course of 4 years; and the Young Men’s Chorus, an extracurricular ensemble that meets Mondays & Wednesdays from 2:45pm-3:45pm.
Vocal Music Highlights
- The Arts Academy Chorus and Young Men’s Chorus, including over 50 young men, are an integral presence in our school community, performing two concerts each year, as well as actively participating in all school liturgies, open houses, and fundraisers.
- In competition, the chorus has earned the highest ratings at festivals around New England, including the RI State Choral Festival and the Music in the Parks Festival at Six Flags.
- Over the years, the chorus has traveled to perform in Italy where they sang for Pope Benedict and performed at the Chair of St. Peter in the Basilica; Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Hawaii, New York City, Universal Studios, and Walt Disney World.
Vocal Music Offerings
- Arts Academy Chorus
- Young Men’s Chorus