Christian Service Guidelines & Rules
1. All students are required to complete a minimum of 25 hours of service each school year. This is a promotion and graduation requirement.
2. Christian Service is graded on a Pass/Fail basis for each semester. A minimum of ten hours must be completed and uploaded onto x2Vol by January 5th in order to pass for the first semester. All 25 hours must be completed and uploaded onto x2Vol by May 31st in order to pass for the year.
3. All service hours MUST be uploaded to x2vol by the student. It is the responsibility of the student, not the parents or service site, to upload service by the required due dates. It is the responsibility of the student, not the parents or service site, to upload the service by the required due dates. All service must be verified by a non-relative with the exception of Grades 8 & 9.
4. Eligible Juniors/Seniors should note that a minimum of sixty-five (65) hours must be completed by April to be considered for induction into the National Honor Society. Please see your summer mailing or Plus Portals for the specific date in April. All submissions MUST meet the April deadline; ABSOLUTLEY NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
5. Service hours, ideally, should be aimed at the poor, elderly and/or marginalized of our society. Any service work done for an institution/business MUST be a “non-profit” enterprise/business.
6. No hours will be accepted for work done at a “for-profit” enterprise/business, even if you are not getting paid for the service.
7. No monies shall be earned for Christian Service.
8. No hours will be accepted for work done involving politics.
9. No hours will be accepted for service done for a family member or relative with the exception of Grade 8 and Grade 9 only.
10. Any service performed as an altar server or anything to do with a normal “Sunday Mass observance” will only count for a maximum of ten (10) hours per year.
11. Any peer tutoring of Hendricken students must take place at BHHS under the direct guidance of a faculty member.